Friday, October 28, 2011

Sylar Short Stories SPECIAL EDITION: Parts 4-6, October 23, 25, 28, 2011

Me: What do you mean everyone dies?

Me#2: (Looks away) I can’t say. But I’ll tell you this. EVERYONE you know and love, dies. (teleports away)

Me: Okay... now what?

Noah: Give me a second. I have a little ... uh... it’s confidential... give me a moment. (Checks his laptop)

Peter: (looks at me) We should fight her. We could just... get rid of Lisa? Use our powers to make her magically disappear.

Noah: (Looks at Peter) that doesn’t seem like a good idea. She might have more powers than you think.

Peter: (looks at the screen) but ... but ... how? She could be anticipating every move. She might even be listening to our conversation.

Me: No, she won’t be

Noah & Peter: What?

Me: (teleports to where Sylar is) I give you permission to date, or whatever means necessary, to be with Lisa

Sylar: (Looks at me) What? Why?

Me: Because your happiness is more important than anything.

Sylar: (Still looking at me, smiles) Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Me: (stifles a tear, looks away, and teleports back to Peter and Noah. Carefully thinking) what if...(stops)

Peter: What? Any idea could help us.

Me: (Considering) well, this all started because of me... What if I ... just ... go back in time and stop myself from ever meeting Sylar. If I have never met him, this would never have happened. I wouldn’t have died so many times, I wouldn’t have ... I wouldn’t....

Peter: (holds me by the shoulders) Stop. You’re not going to do that.

Me: But ... (looks at him) what else can we do? Seems like the only choice really. Lisa is definitely not expecting this since I bet Sylar is in her company at the moment.

Noah: What do you mean?

Me: I told him that he could date her if he’d like. Not knowing that he’s going to help us distract her while we plan.

Peter: No. You’re not doing that. I forbid you.

Me: Peter, you can’t forbid me to do something. Doing what I planned solves everything.

Peter: No. No. No. No. No. No. You’ll never know us. You’ll never know Sylar.

Me: (sighs) that’s the idea. Save myself from Sylar, save the world.

(part 5)
Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar!


Sylar: (with Lisa) yeah?

Lisa: hello. (holding Sylar’s hand tightly)

Me: Hello. Sylar, can I speak to you for a moment?

Sylar: sure. Be right back sweetie. (Lisa smiles, looks at me evilly when Sylar turns his back, we walk to a secluded area at the park) what’s up.

Me: (tearing up, gives him a hug) Thanks for everything. Thanks for being my friend. One day ... nevermind. (turns around, wipes face)

Sylar: Wait. What? (stops me)

Me: (looks back at him) Good bye, Sylar. I’ll always remember you. (teleports back to Peter and Noah, begins to sob) I’m still doing this. Come here Peter (gives him a hug). Thanks for being awesome to me, and for saving my life.

Peter: (Sad) don’t do this.

Me: (Looking at Noah) it was (sniffs, wipes nose) nice meeting you Noah. (he nods, I teleport to Claire, Hiro, Samuel, etc. to say my goodbyes to them)

Me: (by myself, sighs) okay. Let’s do this. (teleports to the first time I met Sylar)

(A couple years ago ... )

Me: (talking to myself, sees me#2 walking out of the workplace) oh yeah, I use to work here. (I hide behind a tree and grab her arm)

Me: HEY.

Me#2: Uh ... uh ... what...the...hell.

Me: Long story short. I’m from the future. Go home. Or you’ll die.

Me#2: okay. (walks towards the bus stop and gets on the bus, instead of sitting by the bench – which is where I saw Sylar for the first time) bye?

Me: Bye :) (talking to myself again) mission accomplished. Time to go back to my time. (teleports back) Looks normal. (begins sobbing) I’ll never see them again.

(Later that day...)

Me: Hmm... let’s see who I’m friends with now. (takes out cell phone, looks through contact list) What? (see’s Claire’s name) what? (see’s Peter’s name) WHAT?! (See’s Sylar’s name) NOTHING CHANGED? No, this can’t be happening. Lisa’s going to kill everyone. I’m ... I’m ... (looks at contact list again) MRS. SYLAR?! (clicks on contact to look at the picture) LISA?! SHE’S MARRIED TO SYLAR?!

Man: Hey Nicole! (Waves at me from across the street, smiling, holding a woman’s hand)

Me: (wondering if I know him) uh, hey.(waves back)

Lisa: Hey Nicole! (Lisa waves) Sylar, let’s invite her to lunch. Nicole! Would you like to join us for lunch?

Me: (Lisa crosses the road and walk up to me. Sylar, extremely overweight, with lots of grey strands in his hair, and a sullen appearance surprises me as he slowly j-walks through the road) Uh, no thanks.

(the sound of a crash startles me, and Sylar is on the ground, bleeding)

Me: (I look at the driver, it’s Peter) PETER! What are you doing?

Peter: (Laughs, drives off)

Lisa: He’s dead. Sylar’s dead.

Me: (Closes eyes)

Lisa: (laughs) time for some fun.

(Part 6)
Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar!

Me: (Looking hysterically at a laughing Mrs. Sylar) what happened to his powers?

Lisa: He gave them all to me.

Me: (runs away) oh my ... (Peter teleports in) PETER! How could you kill Sylar?

Peter: (Looks confused) what? What are you talking about? I haven’t seen Sylar all day. I was trying to look for you while you changed everything. We have to go back and undo what you did.

Me: Okay.

Peter: if not ... wait. What? Okay? That’s it? “Okay”?

Me: Yeah.

Peter: (shrugs) Alright. Let’s go. (Teleports us to the first time I met/going to meet Sylar)

Me: OH! There I am. Fresh out of work. (Me#2 teleports in, stops ‘Me’ and tells her to get on the bus. Me#2 teleports back) Okay. You make sure Sylar is there, and I’ll make sure I don’t get on the bus.

Peter: Okay.

Me: (I hurry up to ‘me’) Don’t get on the bus.

Me#2: But... you just told me to.

Me: Well never mind. You know how we like to change our minds. Go and meet your friend on that bench over there. Okay? Good. Now go.

Me#2: (walks towards the bench, confused)

Peter: (comes back) okay. Everything is in place. Hopefully this time...

Me#2: Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar!

Peter: Never mind. Let’s go back to our time now. Hopefully, we won’t face the dreaded butterfly effect.

(Back to the present)

Noah: Hey guys. What’s going on?

Me: Where’s Lisa?

Noah: Who?

(Peter and I look at each other)

Peter: Lisa. Lisa House? The one that Sylar is in love with?

Noah: I don’t know a Lisa, Sylar certainly doesn’t know a Lisa. And I doubt Sylar loves anyone except for ... uh. Never mind.

Peter: except for whom?

Noah: (looks at me)

No comments:

Post a Comment