Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sylar Short Stories - Saying I Don't: Parts 1 and 2, December 21, 22

Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar!

Sylar: What’s all this? (Looks around the pier, sees a table set with a candle-light dinner and a violin player playing a romantic song. Sits down in front of me)

Me: Hey. How are you doing?

Sylar: I’m very well, but what’s the occasion (looks around again and back to me)

Me: Well, um... (takes out a small box, opens it with a man’s wedding ring inside) will you, Gabriel “Sylar” Gray, marry me?

Sylar: (seriously) are you serious?

Me: (Place hand on chest, looks at him adoringly) I give you my undying word.

Sylar: (looking confused then smiles) then yes, I will marry you.

Me: (violin player abruptly stops) WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

(Earlier that day, at Claire’s house)

Me: Okay, I’ll pick “dare”

Claire: I dare you ... to ... propose to someone.

Me: Okay. Claire, will you marry me? (bats eyes at her)

Claire: ACTUALLY! I dare you to propose to Sylar!

Me: WHAT?! NO! That’s so weird!

Claire: It’s a dare! C’mon! Are you chicken? (makes chicken noises)

Me: No, of course I’m not chicken.

Claire: Then do it! But you have to make it super lavish so that he’ll totally believe that you’re actually proposing.

Me: What if he says yes?

Claire: (laughs) he’s not going to say yes. You’re so young and he’s ... well... (I look at her with an eyebrow raised) older. Trust me, he’s not going to even consider it. He’ll say no in a second.

(Back to the proposal scene)

Me: What do you mean by yes?

Sylar: As in I’m agreeing to your marriage proposal.

Me: (Eyes wide) WHY?!

Sylar: Because you asked!

Me: BUT I DIDN’T MEAN IT!

Sylar: Seems perfectly real to me. When do you want to start planning the wedding? I have some great suggestions. I’m thinking that we should maybe have the wedding in a couple months from now. Do you think we should have a themed...

Me: (Looking at him straight in the eye) we’re not getting married.

Sylar: Why not?

Me: Because I don’t love you.

Sylar: Well that’s just a small part of marriage. Seeing as we’ll never stop being in each other lives, why not just make it official!

Me: BECAUSE THAT’S NOT WHAT MARRIAGE IS ABOUT.

Sylar: Too bad. In a couple of months, you’re going to be my wife. You gave me your word.

Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar! Sylar!

Me: NO! We’re not getting married.

Sylar: (seriously) Yes, we are.

Me: (Looks at Sylar for a while) Hold on a minute. (Teleports to Claire) IS THIS SOME KIND OF JOKE TO YOU?

Claire: Woah. What are you talking about?

Me: HE SAID YES.

Claire: Who said yes?

Me: Sylar accepted my proposal.

Claire: (laughs) you’re not serious.

Me: (serious face) We’re getting married in a few months. We might have a themed wedding.

Claire: (Stops laughing) Uh oh. This is not good.

Me: (panicking) You think? This is a disaster. He’s going to marry me out of love, but just ... companionship!

Claire: Wait a minute ... let’s go so Peter. (holds my shoulder and we teleport to Peter) Peter! Did you tell Sylar what we were planning to do?

Me: (Looks at Claire) Wait, you told him?

Claire: (Softly) It slipped out. Sorry. (Looking back at Peter) Well?

Peter: NO! Of course not. It’s such a stupid idea, there would be no point in telling Sylar. (Drinks his water)

Claire: Well guess what? Sylar said yes to her proposal.

Peter: (spits his water out) WHAT?! He said yes?! (wipes his mouth, looks at me) does he love you?

Me: No! He said that he wants to marry me only because we’ll never stop seeing each other. Oh, this is a nightmare. (facepalm)

Claire: Moving in together would be much easier than getting married.

Me: That’s just ... no. Not a good idea.

Peter: But it makes sense.

Me: NO! What’s wrong with you guys! I’m not getting married to him, and I’m not moving in with him either!

Claire: (grabs a drink of water) better than nothing.

Me: I think I should go back to my dinner with Sylar. Or maybe, jump off a cliff.

Claire: Well ... you do have a power to heal yourself.

Me: Think of something?

Peter: ENGAGEMENT PARTY!

(Peter and Claire look at each other with delight)

Me: Alright, jumping off a cliff it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment